Thursday, March 20, 2008

MFA thesis art show

Saturday night was my MFA thesis art show at the Riverside Off Center in Ypsilanti, MI. The space was great to work in, save the green walls, and is a historic building. A lot of my family and friends came in from Pittsburgh and Boston to celebrate with me! Not many faculty/staff from the School of Art &Design came but that was to be expected. It was great to have the work seen by others since I had a lot of fun making making it! The weekend was a complete whirlwind and Matt and I stuffed six comrades into our tiny apartment. Good times...


Me and the Mayor of Ypsi!


My graduate dean on the left and my favorite professor, Anne Mondro, in the middle


My best friends from out of town


The fam





I will post photos of the artwork later this week. I still need to document it. If you want to see some of the photos I used check out my website in the photography section under the 'It Is Never Tomorrow Series'. The sculpture piece aren't there but most of the photos are. (www.theaeck.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ! I think I recognize some people in the family picture :)